Join Our Prayer Team
Contact us and let us know you will remember us in prayer 15 minutes a day. After receiving your message we will add you to our list of Prayer Warriors.
Go to PayPal and place a one time donation or sign up to give monthly. Then check in frequently to see what God is doing with your gift.
What is need most is cash, but we can also use most items that food banks get as well. The focus should be on “on whole, unprocessed or minimally processed foods” to help us create healthy meals. Instead of donating foods that are high in salt, sugar and highly processed grains, bring foods that are high in protein, healthy fats and whole grains instead.
The best non-perishable foods to donate
- canned beans
- dry beans
- peanut butter, or other nut butters
- rolled oats
- canned fruit in juice, not in light or heavy syrup
- canned vegetables, with no or low-sodium
- low-sodium soups
- canned tuna in water
- canned chicken
- brown rice
- nuts, unsalted
- seeds, unsalted
- shelf stable milk and milk substitutes
- whole grain pasta
- low-sodium pasta sauce
- popcorn kernels (not microwave popcorn)
- canned stews
- unsweetened apple sauce
- whole grain, low-sugar cold cereals
- olive or canola oil
- canned tomatoes
- dried fruits, no sugar added
- chicken, beef and vegetable broths and stock.
Armed with many of these foods, we can create healthy, filling meals.
- Canned goods with pop-top lids are better than canned goods that require a can opener
- Avoid foods packaged in glass.
- Do not donate foods that are past the expiration date.
Select Us on Amazon Smile
When using Amazon Smile for your shopping Amazon will make a donation to your chosen charity. So set up (click image below) today (no additional cost or fees) and support East Texas Sheltering Arms Coalition.
In-Kind Donation to a 501C3
We can accepts in-kind donations such as land, vehicles (including RV’s) furniture, clothes, and so on. It will be at East Texas Sheltering Arms Coalitions discretion to keep or sell the items top support our vision.